Vitamin D is processed in the skin when we are exposed to sun light, and is a common deficiency in adults.
A recent study at McGill University in Montreal has shown that in adults, vitamin D deficiency leads to fatty accumulation in muscle tissue and lower levels of maximal strength. Vitamin D levels were found to be strongly correlated to the percentage of fat in muscle, with lower D levels resulting in higher fat content.
Vitamin D has shown in scientific research to provide the following benefits:
- Improve bone health.
- Reduce the incidence of skin problems like psoriasis.
- Prevent or remedy multiple sclerosis.
- Reduce the risk of cancer.
- Improve blood sugar levels and reduce insulin resistance.
- Improve neurological conditions including depression and bipolar disorder.
- Enhance immune defence against cold, flu and other infections.
- Improve muscle function.
- Increase the ability to lose body fat.
- Help people live longer.
Speak to a member of the Cre8 Fitness team now to get your Vitamin D3.